- All the students are required to bring two copies of their recent photographs (Passport Size) along with the Fee Receipt while applying for Library membership.
- Identity Card is compulsory entering into the library.
- Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECT, etc.
- Books removed from the shelves by students, if not required for reference, should be kept on the book trolley or on table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve them yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- The newspaper(s) should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource
- All the students who want to return the books issued on their names are advised to wait until the books are shown as cancelled against their names.
- The “Token” should be handed over at the checkpoint before taking out the issued book/s.
- Students are advised not to issue Books to others on their names. Reference Documents like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals (Loose & Bound), Theses, Project Reports, Census, Handbooks will not be issued out.
- Conversation and discussion disturbs library ambiance. Therefore, all are requested to maintain dignified silence. If discussion is necessary, the corridor should be utilized for the same.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- All users are requested to keep their mobiles switched off in the Library.
- Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library without the prior permission of the Librarian. He/She is required to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned Institution/Organization to which he/she is attached.
- The Librarian reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
- Demand and suggestion slips are available at the circulation desk for your use and put it in suggestion box.
- In case a User loses a book he/ she should replace the same. In case the book cannot be replaced; The current price of the book will be paid by the borrower. In case of Out of print books double cost should be paid by the Users.
- Membership card is non-transferable. Students must not lend their Readers Ticket to any other student to borrow books from the Library. Library facilities will be withdrawn for students misusing cards.
Reader’s ticket must be renewed every semester/ year as notified.
First year students should get their Reader’s Ticket issued from the library by the prescribed date.
In case a student loses his/ her Reader’s Ticket t hen the student should report the loss of ticket immediately to t he librarian and apply for a Duplicate card on the prescribed form available at the Library Counter by paying Rs. 20/- per ticket.
Violation of these Rules will call for punitive action against the erring student